NGO registration in Kenya is a crucial process for both local and international non-profit organisations. This comprehensive guide will outline the procedures, requirements, and key information for successfully registering an NGO in Kenya.
Whether you are a local or international NGO, the NGO Registration Act Kenya mandates that all NGOs be registered by the NGO Registration Board.
Briantony International Consultants specialise in offering expert services for both international and local NGO registration in Kenya, as well as a range of other company and commercial law-related services.
Aspiring NGOs in Kenya should follow these steps to initiate the registration process:
1. One of the top three officials must be a Kenyan citizen for International-based NGOs.
2. The NGO must demonstrate a commitment to public welfare and improving the lives of the population.
1. Line Ministry Information: Provide information on the specific ministry under which the NGOs objectives fall.
2. Work Plan: Prepare a detailed work plan for the NGOs first year of operation.
3. Itemised Budget: Submit an itemised budget for the NGOs first year of operation.
4. Organisational Chart: Include a comprehensive organisational chart highlighting the NGOs structure.
5. Memorandum of Understanding: If applicable, provide a Memorandum of Understanding between the organisation and the donors.
6. Registration of a Branch: In case of registering a branch of an already registered local or overseas organisation, follow specific procedures.
1. Name Search Approval: Before application submission, conduct a name search using Form 2, which requires approval from the Director of the Non-Governmental Organizations Board.
2. Registry Search: Submit a completed form for the registry to conduct a search and recommend name reservation.
3. Name Approval: After name reservation, present the reserved name to the Programs Manager for approval.
4. Form Submission: Complete Form 3 for NGO registration after name approval.
5. Office Notification: Provide a declaration of the office location and postal address using Form 1, signed by the top three officials.
6. Application Submission: Briantony International Consultants will submit the registration application to the appropriate office.
1. Branch Constitutions: Furnish constitutions of other branches of the organisation worldwide.
2. Kenyan Official: Appoint one Kenyan citizen as an official out of the three proposed officials.
3. Character Assessment: Ensure that officials possess outstanding character and comply with Kenyan NGO laws.
In addition to NGO registration, Briantony International Consultants also offers services related to CBO registration in Kenya, NGO constitution sample Kenya, registering a foundation in Kenya, NGO annual return form 14, and Prototype constitution of an NGO-KENYA.
The entire NGO registration process in Kenya usually takes approximately two months. Upon receipt of the application, the NGO Council will send an acknowledgement letter.
A registration certificate will be issued once all requirements, as per the Nonprofit Organizations Act 1997, are met.
The Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Board, a state corporation, oversees and regulates the NGO sector in Kenya.
Its responsibilities include registering, facilitating, and coordinating both local and international NGOs operating in Kenya.
The board advises the government on NGOs’ contributions to national development, provides policy guidelines aligned with national priorities, and analyses NGO annual reports.
In conclusion, registering an NGO in Kenya requires careful adherence to the procedures and requirements outlined by the NGO Registration Act.
Briantony International Consultants offers specialised services to ensure a smooth and successful registration process.
With a dedicated team of experts, we assist both local and international NGOs in realising their goals and making a positive impact on society. For more information or to begin the registration process, contact us via email or call +254114503453.
The procedures for both local and International NGO registration are similar, apart from that in registering a International NGO additional requirements, are needed to the satisfaction of the NGO coordination Board.
A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a non-profit, voluntary citizens’ group that is organized on a local, national or international level.
Briantony International Consultants Specializes in International NGO Registration in Kenya, and Local NGO Registration services in Kenya among other Company ,and Commercial Law related services.